The financial resources to assist you and your Bruin are at your fingertips.
Click to jump:
- Paying Tuition
- Bruin Pay Plan
- Payment Deadlines
- Fee Breakdown
- Late Payments
- Establishing Residency
- Health Fees
All students are assigned a BruinBill account which records all charges and payments associated with registration, housing and transportation, as well as other service charges like health insurance that are assessed to students. Your student's BruinBill is available to manage nearly 24/7; they just login to MyUCLA and click on BruinBill Accounts.
Fees are assessed monthly via BruinBill and payment is due on the 20th of the month following the posting date of the charge. If the 20th falls on a weekend or a holiday, the due date is the last business day prior to the 20th.
Each month, your Bruin will receive an automated e-Bill reminder to a designated email account (selected via the Settings section of MyUCLA).
If you are paying your student's BruinBill account, you and your Bruin must set up Third-Party Access. Click here for more information on setting up this account. When creating a Third-Party Access account, your student can select which options to which they will permit access. Once you log in as a parent, you will also be able to elect to receive monthly e-Bill reminders.
- Once logged in to MyUCLA, click BruinBill Accounts (BAR) under the Financial section.
- Press Continue after reading important e-Bill notices.
- Here, you will see the BruinBill homepage.
- Payment can be made online, by check, or in person at 1125 Murphy Hall.
For any questions about fee payment, contact Student Financial Services at (310) 825-9194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Note that specific, personal information about your child's account may be restricted via email or over the phone if your student has not granted you Third-Party Access.
- UCLA's BruinPay Plan (BPP) allows students and families to divide tuition and fee payments for each term among monthly installments.
- The BPP does not carry over into an additional term; you will have to enroll each term you would like to participate. When the enrollment period begins, all qualified students will be given the BPP enrollment button as an option in their BruinBill.
- The first installment and a non-refundable administrative fee are required at the time of enrollment.
- Payments to the BPP are restricted to e-Check transactions through automatic deductions from a checking account. These deductions will automatically occur each month on the 20th.
- Students who do not have a checking account, may enroll in a "cash only" BPP at the Administrative Main Cashiers Office (1125 Murphy Hall).
- At the end of each month, the current unpaid balance, which includes any new charges posted to your account, will be calculated. This amount will be split over the remaining monthly payments. Adjustments, such as reversals or financial aid payments, posted to your account prior to the monthly e-Check payment, will reduce the amount deducted.
Limitations to enrollment
- If you wish to participate in the BPP, your previous term balance must be zero.
- You may not enroll in BPP if you have three or more returned checks.
- You may not enroll if you have sufficient financial aid to fully cover your fees, or have received a deferral for the current term.
- The BPP does not carry over into additional terms. You will have to enroll each term in order to participate.
- Due to short-term loan contractual due date requirements, students with unpaid short-term loans cannot participate in the BPP.
Tuition and fee deadlines for the 2014-2015 academic year:
- September 20, 2014
- December 20, 2014
- March 20, 2015
Additionally, other fees such as the per-unit Instructional Enhancement Fee assessed after the fourth week of the quarter for College and Engineering students, Housing fees, and health-related charges will be posted throughout the quarter and also must be paid in full by the 20th of the month following the posting date of the charge.
For important Housing deadlines please click here.
A breakdown of your student's charges are available on the BruinBill each quarter, and here online.
For full descriptions of each fee, such as the Student Services Fee, Educational Fee and Course Materials Fee, click here.
UCLA will automatically drop a student's courses if payment is not received on time. This can have both short-term and long-term consequences.
Students who are not permanent residents of California pay nonresident supplemental tuition in addition to fees assessed to all students. For a full description of what constitutes resident status, click here.
Visit the Registrar's Office online for detailed information about establishing residence for tuition purposes.
Students who have an alternate health care provider may waive SHIP either quarterly or annually and will therefore see a deduction for this amount on the quarterly BruinBill. Click here for the criteria to waive SHIP.
Annual fees for health insurance are posted on the Student Health Center's website here.
For questions about paying for or waiving SHIP, call the Arthur Ashe Student Health Center at (310) 825-4073, and select option 4.