Parents’ Council Emeriti Scholarship
The UCLA Parents’ Council Emeriti Scholarship is awarded to continuing undergraduate students demonstrating exceptional leadership, service, volunteerism and/or philanthropy within the UCLA community.
The Scholarship was established in 2019 by emeriti members of the UCLA Parents’ Council to reflect the mission and values of the UCLA Parents’ Council as a service and philanthropic organization promoting the University to enrich the undergraduate experience. The scholarship recognizes students who have given back to the University through outstanding service, volunteerism or philanthropy. It is a non-renewable scholarship and is determined through an application process.
Award Amount: $750
- Applicant must be a current and continuing full-time undergraduate student enrolled in a minimum of 12 units per quarter.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA to date and in good academic standing at time of consideration.
- Applicant must submit two 400 word essays:
- Describing how they have impacted the UCLA community through leadership, service, volunteerism and/or philanthropy.
- Describing one experience since they have been at UCLA, where they have demonstrated the True Bruin core values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Service, and Excellence, and how they encouraged and/or inspired others to do the same.
Applications are available December 1 and are due by February 15. The scholarship recipient will be announced at the annual Parents’ Council end-of-year meeting in April, which the recipient will be invited to attend.