The UCLA International Education Office is your one-stop shop for information about studying at any institution in the world. With four different methods to study in a different country and completely manageable financial plans, studying abroad is definitely an option that you and your Bruin should consider.

UC Education Abroad Program

With over 250 options in 35 countries, the University of California’s Education Abroad Program (EAP) is among the largest in the nation. As a participating university, UCLA has sent thousands of students through EAP and welcomed many international students to UCLA. EAP offers direct transfer of credit, reasonable cost, and a rewarding experience. Financial aid and scholarships are available. Students can spend a summer, semester or year abroad. For information about education abroad, please visit the Education Abroad Program website.

Travel Study

Travel Study programs combine the excitement of study abroad with the academic rigor of classes taught by UCLA faculty. Whereas Education Abroad takes place at another university, Travel Study involves exploring another region of the world with world-renowned UCLA faculty members. Find out more.

UCLA Exchange

UCLA has partnerships with major universities throughout the world that are designed to allow students to grow and learn through study and research with international colleagues. UCLA Exchange is designed to allow UCLA students to experience learning at leading universities abroad and allow international students to engage in short-term study at UCLA. Each exchange program represents a unique opportunity — some are open to all students; others are restricted to students in specific departments. Visit their website for more information.

Non-UC Programs

If EAP, Travel Study and UCLA Exchange aren’t the right options for your student, there are a variety of other options available. Students are encouraged to speak with a counselor in the International Education Office before signing up for a non-UC study abroad program. UCLA offers a Planned Academic Leave (PAL) for undergraduate students to study abroad on non-UC programs. To be granted an academic leave, students register online after having been accepted into a non-UC program. For more information, please visit their website.

Additional Resources

For a list of frequently asked questions, including managing finances, applying for any program, and more, please visit their list of Frequently Asked Questions.